- If you choose a BHS elective please ensure whether you need 4 (if they are one semester each) or two (full year electives)
- If you have a friend who wants to join as a sophomore or junior have them download and complete the application. You can either forward this email to them or tell them to go to http://bhsnewtech.
vanburenschools.net, Mr. Wilsey, or Mrs. Radtka to get information and a copy
- If you need help choosing courses please make an appointment with Mrs. Radtka
- Curricular graduation requirements per the State of Michigan include:
- .5 Credit: Health
- .5 Credit: PE (there is an athletic/band waiver)
- 4 years of English
- 4 years of Math
- 3 years of Social Studies
- 3 Years of Science
• Enroll in college at a rate 9% greater than the national average
• Persist in 4-year colleges at a rate 17% greater than the national
average and in 2-year colleges at a rate 46% greater than the national
• Grow 75% more in higher order thinking skills between freshmen and
senior years than comparison groups
The NTN Student Outcomes Report for 2013 offers compelling evidence that the public school district innovation envisioned by New Tech Network can, and does, lead to success for students from diverse backgrounds, in rural, urban and suburban schools across the United States In our work with schools NTN strives to ensure all students have the skills, knowledge and attributes they need to thrive in post-secondary education, career and civic life.
Our core belief is that high impact schools revolve around a culture that empowers, teaching that engages, and technology that enables so that students graduate ready for college and career.
BNT sophomores in Politics and Literature have been working hard on a project called My Party 12. The project is designed to let students create their own political party, platform, and campaign in order to compete against the entire New Tech Network. Students investigated issues and created campaign commercials to advertise their campaign plans. All BNT students showcased their commercials in the mini Auditorium on October 17th.
BNT students selected the Popular Party as the representative for our school to compete against the rest of the network. The Popular Party consists of James Hogg, Kym Leggett, Abbey Bentley, and Victoria Perkins.
After two weeks of hard politicking from all of our Belleville New Tech students, the top 5 parties from across the New Tech Network were announced yesterday.
The Popular Party made the TOP 5!!!!!!!!!
• The Open Arms Party Eagle Tech Academy, Columbia City, IN
• The Perseverance Party Sioux Falls New Tech High, Sioux Falls, SD
• The Popular Party Belleville New Tech High School, Belleville, MI
• The Aequus Party New Tech Institute, Evansville, IN
• Team Infinite Warren New Tech High, Warrenton, NC
BNT erupted in applause, cheers, and smiles when the top 5 were announced! It was an amazing moment to be a part of.
The Top 5 playlist is here.
- Students will be asking questions about the candidate's platforms and tweeting their own concerns/ideas.
- Can we get this hashtag to trend?
- Will we get a reply from either candidate?
- The more students tweeting the more likely either could happen!